MonetizeMB

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
Quick post.

I've been browsing this forum on my phone the past few days, expect changes to the theme in the future. I will contact xenFocus soon with my inquiries.

Feel free to make suggestions.

BitMonst3r

It's not theme related, but I think you should change email notification settings. It's good to get an email when someone post or sends a message, but it shouldn't be on by default.

Reactions: Joy

Joy

Administrator
Staff member
It's not theme related, but I think you should change email notification settings. It's good to get an email when someone post or sends a message, but it shouldn't be on by default.
Thank you for your feedback.

I believe the notification being sent to an email address is good as it gives new members a sense of urgency to return sooner and stay responsive throughout conversations. Some members may sign up and ask a question, then instantly start browsing other tabs and forget about this site for a night or a week, even if they received a reply the minute they wandered off.

It's default in xenForo forums, I personally keep it on, since I check my email more than most forums I'm on.

Why do you think it should be turned off?

BitMonst3r

Thank you for your feedback.

I believe the notification being sent to an email address is good as it gives new members a sense of urgency to return sooner and stay responsive throughout conversations. Some members may sign up and ask a question, then instantly start browsing other tabs and forget about this site for a night or a week, even if they received a reply the minute they wandered off.

It's default in xenForo forums, I personally keep it on, since I check my email more than most forums I'm on.

Why do you think it should be turned off?
Disabling it would save some server resources when the forum gets more populated, also sending too many emails might get the domain listed as spam and all the emails would just go to the spam catalog.