MonetizeMB

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contests

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
Do you make use of contests to generate traffic to your web projects? How effective was it in your case?

Making use of contest is very good when it comes to generating traffic for a new and pre-existing communities as long as there is something tangible for those who will participate in the contest to win at the end of it. Many will be interested in taking part.

Unfortunately, I have not conducted any kind of contest on my forums but I have participated in some of them over the couple of years that I've used forums. I have luckily won in some of them. I think the highest money that I've won in a contest is about 25 USD.

I have seen people conduct contest in their forums and social media platforms. I don't have a forum, I haven't conducted any kind of contest on any social account that I am using. I haven't participated in any contest too.

I have in the past made use of contests to help generate traffic but something I have learned when offering contests to help with traffic, especially with forums is how easily it can affect your site when there is no interaction and just members there to try and win the contest.

I wouldn't ever be against running contests in the future but I would always be cautious.

I have in the past made use of contests to help generate traffic but something I have learned when offering contests to help with traffic, especially with forums is how easily it can affect your site when there is no interaction and just members there to try and win the contest.

I wouldn't ever be against running contests in the future but I would always be cautious.
It could be the case if the people did not bypass the rules for the post count.

Almost all the new forums I've come across run contests to boost activity in their communities. I think it's inevitable for them when it comes to using contests to boost traffic.

Back