MonetizeMB

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cryptocurrency for payment

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use cryptocurrency as a payment mode? Is it a viable transaction mode for you?

Do you use cryptocurrency as a payment mode? Is it a viable transaction mode for you?

For the first time, I have been able to make use of Bitcoin to pay for some burgers gotten at the burger shop and have plans to continue using it. I am the type that is pro crypto coins, and I encourage my friends to make payments for goods or services using cryptocurrencies.

Did they charge you anything extra? I am glad you were able to do transactions locally.

I have not used cryptocurrency as a means of making payment for products purchased. However, there is a plan to do so once the stores around my neighbourhood begin to accept it as a means of payment.

Did they charge you anything extra? I am glad you were able to do transactions locally.

There was a 5% charge for every transaction. I was not bothered about it as I was only excited that I can be able to complete that transaction using cryptocurrency.

I read somewhere that Argentina or some other country is going to setup their own cryptocurrency like paper currency which are in use today. Perhaps the first country to do so.

I read somewhere that Argentina or some other country is going to setup their own cryptocurrency like paper currency which are in use today. Perhaps the first country to do so.

This is simply going to make more countries want to get involved. The thing with cryptocurrency is that some of the big countries are still fighting it, and that is a big worry for me. Countries like the US should embrace it to gain more grounds.

How possible is this going to be? Let's not forget that the volatile nature of most cryptocurrencies is a huge concern for the majority of those who are yet to get involved in it.

@Frank

That's what I read. Not sure whether they implemented it. The technology underneath is so flexible that it can be used for regular currency replacement.

This is simply going to make more countries want to get involved. The thing with cryptocurrency is that some of the big countries are still fighting it, and that is a big worry for me. Countries like the US should embrace it to gain more grounds.

A lot of them are banning it too. Some central banks have very strong policy and regulations in place.

@Frank

That's what I read. Not sure whether they implemented it. The technology underneath is so flexible that it can be used for regular currency replacement.

A lot of them are banning it too. Some central banks have very strong policy and regulations in place.

Well, @Dilip , I am one of those who would want it to be implemented as soon as possible. That will encourage more nations to try to get involved as well.

@Frank

That's my worry, and I don't even understand the reason for banning cryptocurrency. I mean, they can make recommendations and create policies that can help to resulte it instead of issuing an outright ban on it.

The way it operates, it is independent and sometimes difficult to block / track. Which is something that legal infrastructure is not happy about.

Back