MonetizeMB

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick your contest

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
If given a chance to pick your contest on this forum, what will you choose? What kind of contest do you like the most?

I think posting contest and referral contest are not good. This is because there is people that may post something with low quality to fit contest requirement or tell something 3 or 4 times. Add referring people could incur some kind of intencive so people have inequal chances to win. Posting contest must be validated by moderator for post count. You could post 300 posts however in reality there is 120 quality posts then only 120 posts are counted for posting contest. Same referrals you could have 20 referrals posting 25 posts but only 7 referrals have posted quality posts. This approach is only my point of view.

I agree. We are working on what kind of contest actually help members and the community grow. Feel free to share if you have any ideas in mind.

I agree. We are working on what kind of contest actually help members and the community grow. Feel free to share if you have any ideas in mind.
Using xenforo post counter would never reveal the true number of quality posting. There are people that posts a lot to reach the 1st place while it is trush posting and low quality and outside discussions. Also about referring postings so if I pay someone 1 $ to post 25 posts and this person wants to finish work and do the same the blog will be a lot of outside conversations. The postings and referral postings must be counted manually by a moderator so if a post is quality post and it adds value to the thread it is counted one post or one referral. If not then it is not counted. By the way, the first top poster could be in reality not a winner however 7th poster is the winner because moderator checks 7th poster and the majority of the posts adhere to the post and high quality. Same for referrals.

How practical is it when there are a huge number of posts? Also, automated decisions are unbiased.
Check random posts like if there is 500 posts then check random posts of the user to see if qualified to disqualified. Like see 25 participations of user randomly.

Back