MonetizeMB

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Selling websites

Dilip

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think creating a website and selling it off is a good business idea? Have you tried doing this?

I think that website selling business is a very good one for those who know how to do it. I've known one guy who's into and it and he's selling and buying websites all the time. If it's not profitable, he won't be doing it for years.

There is so much money involved. There are two things you can do in this business. You can either do good marketing, invest heavily in the beginning and get a good platform ready for sale. The second, you buy such a platform, nurture it, optimise it and get it big.

Both are two different skills and hardly come with one person or company.

I know it's a very good business. Those who invest in it make thousands of dollars from their projects when they are sold. A good website can be sold from $3k upwards depending it's potentials.

Normally they offer 24 months or 36 months of revenue. If you are good at bargaining, you get 48 months' revenue as the final price.

The real value is the growth potential. Some webmasters like to build from scratch and sell it off than spending years on it making it big. This works for both blogs and forums.

I haven't sold a website directly but I have bend carried along when a friend of mine sold his own in Flippa. It was a site he only managed for about 1-2 year. He managed to sell it for $2k. He made good profit from it.

I haven't jumped into the business of selling website online but I've seen a lot of people that have their website been put on sales on so many promotional forums that I make use of and it's as if they are making quite a profit from that kind of investment.

It's a lot of work to start a website from the scratch and groom it to be in a good state before selling it. I don't think it's what I can ever bring myself to do. Those who find it feasible to do have my respect. It's a huge work for me.

Back